COVID-19 Traveler Information Alexandria/Pineville Area, Louisiana
As you are aware, the World Health Organization has declared the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) a Global Health Emergency. The Alexandria/Pineville Area is in close contact with Rapides Parish Health Unit, Louisiana Office of Tourism, the Louisiana Department of Health (LDH) and health and security authorities on any planned or anticipated measures that may impact travel, and we will provide updates as we receive additional information. Currently, there are no travel restrictions or advisories in the domestic United States, which includes Louisiana.
The health and safety of our residents and visitors is the Alexandria/Pineville Area CVB’s highest priority. Travelers are encouraged to always exercise healthy travel habits when traveling and to follow guidance issued by official sources of public health information.
Healthy Travel Practices:
- Wash hands often
- Cough into your elbow and sneeze into a tissue
- Consult with a doctor before traveling when sick
- Stay up-to-date on vaccinations
- Avoid contact with people who are already sick
- Avoid contact with animals while traveling
- Be aware of latest travel advisories from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and U.S. State Department
Visit CDC Travel for the latest guidance: cdc.gov/travel